Friday, July 13, 2012

This, That, and The Other

I'm a terrible blogger, I know. Life happens and I end up wanting to do anything but sit at this computer and type out menus and budgets. So I won't make any excuses - I really have none. I'll leave you with a promise to try (and more than likely fail) to do better next time. The budget? It's at a healthy $800.17!!! And finally, here's today's menu:

Breakfast: Get whatcha want

Lunch: I made Kyle and myself tortilla pizzas. We're really enjoying the fresh tomatoes! I thinly slice tomatoes, add a little fresh chopped basil, throw on some mozzarella, add pepperoni, and throw on a little more mozzarella. It's delicious!

Dinner: We had 3 pork chop left from the pack we bought a few weeks ago (I used the rest of the pack on the "stuffed" pork chops I made on Mama's birthday about a month ago.). What's a family of 6, including 1 teenage boy and another almost there, going to do with only 3 pork chops? Then it struck me! Don't use them as pork chops! So I cubed up the meat, marinated it for a while (sherry, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, powdered ginger), tossed it in flour, browned it, and then simmered it in the rest of the marinade (plus chicken broth, red wine vinegar, molasses, more ginger, crushed red pepper, and some cornstarch to thicken it - which I don't know that it really needed). Yeah, it made a huge mess of the kitchen, but the end result was pretty close to what I was going for, and wasn't bad, if I do say so myself! I served that on top of rice, with fried apples and roasted bell pepper and squash on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment