Friday, February 17, 2012

Guacamole!

We're huge fans of gaucamole around here, but we each like it somewhat differently - though we eat whatever type we have made up! For example, Daddy like his guacamole chunky, with plenty of salsa. I like mine more akin to the guacamole they serve a Chuy's, more smooth than chunky, more creamy than salsa-y, and all about the avocado. Daddy made his guacamole Tuesday evening to go with the gyros, but, lucky for me, there were still 2 avocadoes left yesterday morning. They definitely needed to be used, so I made my kind of guacamole and had that for breakfast! :)

MY Guacamole:
  • Avocadoes, peeled, pitted, and mashed fairly well
  • Lemon or lime juice, but not too much
  • Salt
  • Salsa, but not too much
  • Sour cream, enough to make the gauc. light green, but not to distract from the flavor of the avocado.
Mash it all together, taste, and adjust as necessary. Daddy calls my style "guacamole dip," but I love it anyway!


Breakfast: Get whatcha want

Lunch: Left-overs

Dinner: Daddy and I made pitas/tortillas, so those of us who were home had those hot out of the oven and topped with butter. SO good!

Oh, and I got paid yesterday, bringing the grocery total up to $792.24.

No comments:

Post a Comment