Friday, April 27, 2012

Ting-a-lings

First of all, after receiving the money that the clothing envelope owed groceries, and after repaying myself (after having to supplement the grocery money from my own funds the other day), the grocery money is not in the hole! It has exactly $36.26 until a few days from now when, thankfully, I get paid again!

Breakfast: Baked basil-egg cup things

Lunch: Left-overs

Dinner: Soup and homemade crescent rolls

I made Ting-a-lings yesterday morning. I opted for those because I was hot, and the thought of doing cookies was less than delightful to me. Also, I love Ting-a-lings/haystacks, and they're incredibly easy.
  • 1 bag of butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 bag of chow mein noodles
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups peanuts
Melt the butterscotch chips. I did it in the microwave, but be careful. They do burn/scorch pretty easily. If you think they've already reached that point, but just barely, then add a little coconut oil, butter, or shortening. That should get it usable again, but that only works if you've not burned them too badly. Stir in the noodles and peanuts. Drop in whatever sized stacks you want on wax paper and let cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment