Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Catch up

So, I sorta kinda forgot about this blog yesterday... oops. I'll see if I can remember enough to get by:

Friday:

Breakfast: ... Nope, don't remember.

Lunch: Pizza crust French bread with butter. It was good. I'm thinking about doing that again today, but we'll just have to see how the day unfolds.

Dinner: I got 2 beef roasts (1 chuck, 1 rump) out of the freezer, too late to do roast, but not really knowing what I was going to do with them. So, I just started (early) cutting them up and trimming them up into bite-sized stew meat. Then I browned the meat and added some broth and about half a bottle of old wine. I browned/caramelized 2 cans of sliced mushrooms and 1 onion, and added those to the meat. Then I threw in 5 or so potatoes and 1-2 large carrots. After that I just let it simmer for 2.5-3 hours. Oh, of course there was the usual salt, pepper, and garlic powder seasoning. As I went along, my goal became to get as close to beef bourguignon as I could without it taking all day and making a huge mess. I am pleased to report that I think I came fairly close! Everyone like it! So, there's my recipe for a cheaper, easier, and faster Julia Child signature dish. I love that kind of cooking! I have a somewhat definite end result in mind, no recipe, and I actually end up hitting fairly close to my mark! YESSSS!


Saturday:

Breakfast: I think everyone probably had yogurt, but I'm not sure.

Lunch: Daddy and I were out shopping; we had Taco Bell.

Dinner: Daddy and I were still gone. We had Starbucks scones; the family had left overs from the night before.


Sunday:

Breakfast: Cereal? Yogurt? Get whatcha want?

Lunch: Chili, apples, and a cranberry dessert with a white chocolate sauce.

Dinner/Fellowship: I don't know that we actually did what we took to do, and, since I don't know what that was, all I can put here is... I don't know!


Monday:

Breakfast: I had yogurt. Not sure about anyone else.

Lunch: Left-overs.

Dinner: We didn't really have dinner actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment