Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Challenge - Assets, Part 1

First of all let me say that the template of this blog will probably be constantly changing for a while. I'm not really liking the way Blogger is fencing me in when it comes to text color - particularly on the side bar.

Okay, yesterday I mentioned that I was starting out with a bunch of "assets." Today, I'll start by listing what spaces are at my disposal. The challenge, remember, begins in exactly one week. This week I've been reorganizing all our food stuffs so that I am able to tell precisely what we have. One of the benefits of doing this is that the shelves look a LOT neater, and the spaces are used much more efficiently.

We have roughly 3 1/2 of these industrial/restaurant wire shelves, similar to THIS, that are used as our pantry (our new-to-us, 110 year old, frequently remodeled house has no pantry...). I've spent the last couple of days looking through everything on those shelves and making them nice and pretty. ;) Well, more organized anyway.

I wish I had a before picture 'cause this looks a LOT better!

On top of these three shelves, we have currently in use 2 chest freezers and 2 refrigerator/freezer units. I haven't yet gone through those... (but I'm planning on it!). I've got some plans for a few smallish changes, but they haven't happened yet, so I can't really include them in my assets.

Anyway, that's the kind of space I have. Check back tomorrow (hopefully) for part 2. I might actually get around to listing some of the food items we already have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment