Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Challenge

Hello! Welcome to the Food Budget Meets Foodie Family blog. I'm Laura, and I will be your friendly guide through the next year or so of our big adventure!

What's the scoop?

Not ice cream, unfortunately. Or gelato. Nope, it's a challenge, but I currently prefer thinking of it as a grand adventure in which I most likely get lost, fall down, and learn a whole lot!

A few weeks ago, Daddy and I came up with a clever, little scheme which potentially enables me to earn a bit of cash every month. Starting on September 1st, and continuing at least a full year, I'm going to take over our family's grocery budget. This results in me taking over the meal planning as well. Any money left over after grocery shopping and whatnot, I get to keep. I've got quite a bit of incentive to just do beans and rice for a year, but I don't actually think I could do that, even if I wanted to.

You see, there's six of us 2 parents, 4 kids (ages 20, 18, 16, and 8 on the day of this post). We're all foodies here. We love good food. A lot. So, I'm planning on learning all sorts of creative ways to make good things last. Yes, we'll probably still shop at Walmart, and Costco has our business if only for the paper products. We love eating natural/organic and local foods as well, but it depends on the budget as to whether or not we actually get to eat that %100 of the time.

In the next day or two I hope to post a list of my assets; I'm starting out with quite a few, thankfully! The goal that I have for this blog is to post each day's meals, hopefully with some pictures scattered here and there, and a budget review once or twice a month. If I happen upon any money- or time-saving recipes that are exceptionally delicious, then I'll post those as well.

So climb aboard and experience this adventure with me, and, if you enjoy what you see (or think you will), go ahead! Spread the word! The more the merrier! I welcome any helpful hints, good recipes, and friendly comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment