Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Assets: NEWS FLASH!

Hello, foodie friends and budget buddies! (Corny, I know; forgive me, it's been a long day.)

Today my sister, a good friend, and I canned a total of 61 quarts of green beans. That's 9 pressure-canner loads. That's from about 9:00am to about 6:15pm. That's what our extra house is for.

11 of those quarts are our friends', but the other 50 are ours. Yep, we doubled our stockpile of canned green beans. I'm exhausted (we were stringing and snapping our beans until 11:15 last night!) and my feet hurt, but it was a pleasant, productive time of fellowship. In my totally unsolicited opinion, fellowship is always sweeter when it is productive.

Day 1 tomorrow, and I still have no idea what we're going to have. I really didn't want to begin this journey falling down... Check back tomorrow or Friday to see how I weathered this potential crisis. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment