Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm goin' to Dickson

Well, yesterday we did, and we had a lovely time with family for a few hours. While we were there, Grammy told us about some amazing deals on fresh stuff at Aldis, so Mama and I went there for a quick grocery trip. We got quite a few things and only spent $17.40! That brings the grocery total to $260.33, and I should get paid this week. Phew, we're almost past this pay-period!

Breakfast: Get whatcha want. I had protein-packed pound cake. ;)

Lunch: Grammy fixed a delectable lunch of corned beef, cabbage, rolls, "pink fluff," mashed potatoes, with a gluten-free strawberry cake for dessert. (I was *ahem* too full. No, I really was, but I did enjoy the candy that came out a little while later - gluten-free or not.)

Dinner: We were gone most of the day, so Daddy, who stayed home to work, made spaghetti. Because he was so busy with work stuff, he threw the sauce together early in the day, and left it simmering on the stove for probably 6 hours. We've decided, because of that, that the grass-fed ground beef also benefits, just like roasts, from the low and slow! That was some of the most tender ground beef! And I never even considered twice-ground ground beef tough before! Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment