Thursday, January 5, 2012

50lbs of carrots

Crazy? I think so, but let's not go there. Whatever happens with them in the end, we now have 50lbs of carrots to use; I am given to understand that they will be used for juicing. Why? Again, not too sure about that one. As I type, Claire is making carrot muffins with the left-over pulp from the first juiced batch. The next few weeks - if it lasts that long - could be very interesting; perhaps we can use it for something more appealing sometime. Like carrot cake. Or starting a compost pile. Anyway, the carrots cost $37.65, and it's been what? something like 3 months since I started this project. So, I figured I should take what's left over quarterly. This time I'm left with $600.57, which, frankly, I'm having a hard time believing... Faulty math in there somewhere, perhaps, but I hope not! I could use $600 right now. I'm supposed to get paid soon. We'll start from square 1 then, so this total really has very little to do with anything except my own personal finances right now. :)

Okay, now that we've got the money issues dealt with, here's yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: Eggs, yogurt, smoothie, get whatcha want....

Lunch: Left-overs, spanikopita

Dinner: Chicken, rice, green peas, apple sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment