Tuesday, January 3, 2012

AND She's Back!

Taking a break from blogging over the holidays was awfully nice. I apologize right now for those of y'all who were curious about what we at throughout the past 2 weeks. To be completely honest, I would be embarrassed by publicly announcing how little cooking, and, therefore, how few actual meals, we really did eat. We coasted on left-overs quite a bit - to the point where now, just a little over a week since the Christmas festivities, we're pretty much out of those left-overs. Weird. Anyway, here's yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: Eggs, yogurt, get whatcha want

Lunch: Egg rolls

Dinner: Left-over spaghetti, re-fixed into a 9X13 casserole. We had enough left to somewhat fill a 9X9 that got put into the freezer for future use sometime when we're not all home - or maybe for lunch someday.

This year I'm hoping to do more freezer cooking, but in a way that works for me. My plan at the moment is to prepare about twice as much for each meal (or at least some meals) than I normally would, and stick what's left into the freezer. This plan seems good since it won't take that much more effort on my part, and, if we decide to have folks over at the last minute, we'll have enough food to support that decision. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment