Thursday, January 26, 2012

The twenty-sixth of January

Breakfast: Get whatcha want. I had yogurt.

Lunch: Guacamole!!! I threw it together, tasted it, tweaked it, tasted it, etc... all in an attempt to recreate Chuy's guacamole. I think I came pretty close! All I did was mash together avocados, salt, sour cream (just a little), salt, salsa (not very much), salt, lemon juice (a nice splash), salt, and more salt. In the end I thought it could have used perhaps a little more salsa, maybe some cilantro, and possibly more salt, but I didn't add any of that. I decided to let the others tweak their own servings to their own tastes.

Dinner: Roast, potatoes, fried apples, and green peas. I put the roast (covered) in the oven after lunch, and baked it at 300* all afternoon. With the roast, I had the potatoes, a thinly-sliced onion, the remains of a bell pepper that had been in the fridge for a while, and various seasonings. Oh, and a hearty slab of butter. Hey, I knew it couldn't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment