Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2, On the road again

Boy, am I ever thankful I'm not managing our family's fuel expenses as well as our grocery budget!!! I'd be extremely tempted to confiscate keys!

Anyway, Daddy and I went into Nashville this morning. We needed to do some things for my grandmother and use her high-speed internet, so we took that opportunity to procure the following items that were getting precariously low or were gone completely:
  • Sugar (25lbs for $14.29)
  • Cheddar cheese (2lbs for $6.39)
  • Coffee beans (2lbs for $10.99)
  • 1 bottle of wine ($7.99 + $.74 in tax)
  • Paper towels ($14.89)
  • Toilet Paper ($17.99)
  • (Tax at Costco was $5.49)

We one-stop shopped at Costco, so we probably weren't as cost-efficient as we could have been. The grand total for today adds up to $78.77. 6 items for $78.77!!! Ouch. Thankfully Daddy and I ate dinner at their expense. Free samples are the best! Even if they don't always taste that awesome.

I have $421.23 left for the next... 2 weeks, I think. (I'm still not exactly sure how this payment thing's going to work out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment