Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Re-fried Beans

Day 22, and all's well!

Breakfast: French toast made out of the left-over bread sticks from the day before yesterday, and eggs.

Thursdays are cookie days around here. I made Chocolate Crinkles today, and I'm pleased to announce that they're getting rave reviews despite the facts that they don't have butter in them and I chose to use up some of the whole wheat flour (soft white) we have on hand. I was particularly drawn to this recipe because it didn't use butter. I'm trying to conserve the butter we have, so that was a great plus!

Lunch: Macaroni and cheese! Gotta love something that starts with onions and garlic being sauteed in butter! There are some things that just need to be buttery, and sauteed onions is, in my opinion, one of those.

Dinner: Bacon, re-fried beans, and left-over macaroni. I made the re-fried beans from the Great Northern beans we had last Friday. Random assortment of edibles, yes, but one likes to use what one has on hand, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment