Saturday, November 5, 2011

A forgotten purchase

Or rather, a purchase that I forgot to record: $50 for 5 bushels of organic apples (2 bushels of Jonagold, 3 of Mutsu - Mutsu being our favorite!)! We picked them up a couple of weeks ago, and we've been enjoying them ever since! That brings the grocery money total to: $396.76.

While I'm on, here's yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: Get whatcha want.

Lunch: Bread, apples, apple butter, etc. (We were deep in the middle of canning apples at the time.)

Dinner: Spaghetti, winter squash (cut in half, seeds removed, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, microwaved for 10 minutes, baked until we were ready to eat.), and bread.

We got 14 more quarts of apples canned yesterday! That used up all our quarts, surprisingly. I'm guessing they're all being used with green beans. We may can some more, but they'll be in pints instead. We're also really hoping to do some cider, but our cider press needs a little work before then. So, we'll see, I guess! In the meantime, we'll have apple pies! I've got 2 in the oven right now, and I should probably go check on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment