Friday, November 18, 2011

WHAT'S ON THE MENU!

For Thursday:

Breakfast: Get whatcha want.

Lunch: Apple salad.

Dinner: Tomato soup, sauteed mushrooms, and bacon! Although there weren't many mushrooms left... *guilty*

BTW, y'all, I learned a rather neat trick yesterday. I was making white chocolate haystacks (of sorts... we didn't/don't have salted peanuts or cashews.), and having issues melting the white chocolate chips. I decided to stop before I burned them and do a little research. Turns out, I probably had already taken them just a little too far, but if I added a little bit of coconut oil it would stir in and continue the melting process. This would probably work with vegetable oil too, but I read to use coconut oil if you wanted the chocolate to harden at room temperature. And, of course, I did. Well, it worked like a charm! I was SO happy to find this out; I don't know how many times I've dumped a batch of white chocolate because I thought I'd heated it past redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment