Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another day, another menu

Yesterday was another typical Friday. No gigs this week for the band members, so I went out instead! (Only for about 4 hours in the afternoon.) Thankfully, I'd already thrown most of dinner together, so the folks at home could finish it for me since Mama and I got back a bit after 6:30.

Breakfast: Get whatcha want. I believe I had left-over apple pie.

Lunch: Left-overs. I chose the chicken noodle soup.

Dinner: Roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy, and green beans. I browned the roasts (one of the huge 2-packs from Costco. One's for Sunday!), then threw them into a roaster with potatoes, carrots, and appropriate seasonings. I let that bake at 375* for an hour or two, then turned it down to 300* when Mama and I left for Columbia. Daddy finished preparing everything for me (have I mentioned that he's awesome?), and I'm very happy to report that the roast was very tender and, as far as roasts go, pretty moist! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment