Friday, October 7, 2011

They're gone again...

The band members and Mama are off once more. This time they're in east Tennessee for the Museum of Appalachia's Homecoming event. Neat event, if y'all are ever over that way this time of year. That's not the point though; the point is, when half or more of the family is gone, I don't feel like cooking. Or rather, I don't find the mess I make when I cook for "less than or equal to" 3 people worth cleaning up. So, here's yesterday's rather pitiful menu:

Breakfast: Eggs and bacon (They were still here at that point - besides, Mama did breakfast!). I had yogurt.

Lunch: Luke and I were home alone. We needed to go to town for some things, so we picked up a cheap-ish frozen pizza and had that once we got back. I splurged a little "for him" (I was feeling a little sorry for myself...) and got a small bag of those cheese puff things - not Cheetos, those would've been WAY better - and a box of cereal.

Dinner: Luke and I were still home alone. Neither of us are too keen on the clean up a normal meal requires, so we had popcorn. I had another yogurt as well.

Yesterday I spent $7.66 bringing the total to $690.53, minus however much Daddy spent on the grocery run earlier this week. I need to get that receipt...

Shopping Tip: Never go grocery shopping when you're feeling sorry for yourself! I barely made it out of the store without ice cream, candy, and cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment